Monday, June 23, 2008

Athfestivus

ATHFEST 8429

Hey! Alright, this past Friday, June 20th, I had the pleasure and privilege of performing with FOLKLORE and GEMINI CRICKET during the 2008 ATHFEST festival of art and music...here are some photos and video from the event...

DARK MEAT causing a ruckus on the main stage on Washington St. in downtown Athens...the crowd was so thick that this was the best vantage point for me and Missy to watch the band in action. The crowd also impeded our path towards the FLICKER THEATER & BAR, where Gemini Cricket were getting ready to perform...

ATHFEST 8391

Gemini Cricket went on, just as the Dark Meat performance finished up, so there was a rush of people coming into Flicker...as the band performed, the movie "THE MUPPETS TAKE MANHATTAN" played on the screen above us...Davy and I could watch the Muppets from behind the screen, which made for an interesting experience...

ATHFEST 8394

ATHFEST 8395

ATHFEST 8399



(unfortunately, the sound is kinda janky because I was standing right next to Jay's amp)

ATHFEST 8403

ATHFEST 8404

ATHFEST 8412

ATHFEST 8416

As soon as Gemini Cricket were done with their set, Missy and I grabbed my toy piano and trumpet and rushed a couple of blocks over to the GEORGIA THEATER so that I could perform with FOLKLORE...when we got to the front of the theater, I could hear the band already playing the first song! SHIT! I told the guy at the door, "I'm supposed to be playing NOW!"...I pushed my way through the crowd to the side stage, and pulled out my trumpet just in time to play along to the last strains of "Village Green Preservation Society"...

ATHFEST 8418

Aaron and I used my toy piano as a place to rest our beverages:

ATHFEST 8420

During our version of the Kinks' "Wicked Annabella", Ian spun this glow-in-the-dark tube thing that made a psychedelic whirring sound...

ATHFEST 8423

ATHFEST 8425



After the show, we all vacated the stage as quick as possible so the next band could start setting up...we brought my instruments back to my car and then walked around to look at some of the art on display...like, this "art car"...

ATHFEST 8428

We went to CINE and looked at some of the art they had there. We thought these assemblages were kinda cute and weird:

ATHFEST 8440

ATHFEST 8442

We saw this movie poster that was kinda cool...we liked the idea of knitting a guitar...

ATHFEST 8443

We didn't watch any other band later that night we were so exhausted...we just got a late night snack with Jay at THE GRILL and then called it a night...

No comments: