Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tunesday Tuesday - Tanya Donelly

Tunesday Tuesday - Tanya Donelly
Another artist I have liked since I was a teenager is Tanya Donelly. You might remember her from her bands Throwing Muses and Belly in the 1990's. I have always liked Tanya's voice and her lyrics; they remind me of poetry and zines. As of this post, Tanya is revising her website, but she did have demos for Star as downloads at one point - they were so good! It was neat to hear the songs from Star at such a raw and early stage.

Tanya.

Tanya love.
Our friend Marla has a picture of Tanya wearing her tiara! So this one is for you, Marla!

Here is my absolute favorite Tanya song, and she looks so cute in this video, too. This is the first Throwing Muses song I ever heard. My pen pal put it on a mix tape for me.





And who can forget this amazing classic?

No comments: