Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oh, My Papa

POPS_n

I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to my DAD to wish him a very happy Fathers Day....HAPPY FATHERS DAY, DAD! LOVE YA! Here's a photo that my sister, Cynthia, took of him recently, organizing his massive CD collection, which he keeps stored in boxes. My sister had mentioned to me, "Now I know where YOU get it from!". It's true, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I also organize and store my massive CD collection in a similar fashion, but in plastic tubs (I'll have to post about that sometime).

There are certain characteristics that I definitely got from my father, proving that I am my father's son: 1) a love of music; 2) a passion for "collecting" (not hoarding!); 3) organizational skills and a predilection for archiving everything (good traits, especially if you make a living as a librarian, which I do); 4) photographing everything (see #3); 5) an appetite for traveling and sight-seeing (instilled in me and my sisters from many family vacations and various long-distance moves across state lines); 5) a dark sense of humor; 6) an all-around "TAKE NO BULLSHIT" attitude, which has served me well throughout the years. Thanks, Dad, for passing down some awesome DNA and for raising me right!

Love, R A O U L

2 comments:

Unknown said...

where is your Dad from?

Missy said...

Raoul's dad is from the Philippines, but his family lives in California now. :)