Monday, June 14, 2010

Babycakes Brownie Recipe


Babycakes Brownies 6, originally uploaded by sugar-cookie.

After I watched Erin of Babycakes Bakery on Martha, I was inspired to try her recipe for brownies. I love her cookbook so far, and I think this recipe is not in the book.

Babycakes Brownies 2
I had to have some slight substitutions for my version, but it is not a problem. These brownies are the tops for sure! I used corn starch instead of arrowroot powder, and I used regular Toll House morsels instead of the vegan chocolate chips. I decided to use what I had on hand, so Toll House it was! I love how all the mini chocolate chips looked as they melted with the coffee in this recipe! Oh and it smells fabulous mixing up in the bowl, too.

Babycakes Brownies 5
This recipe makes more of a cake-like brownie, rather than a fudgey one. Fine by us, really! Raoul suggested icing as an addition, and I think the warm brownies would be great with some vanilla ice cream!

~[:3]

No comments: