Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Deez Nuts

DONUT 8ead5-1

Now, I'm a sucker for DONUTS with interesting toppings - witness the donut I'm about to eat in the photo above, covered in GUMMI BEARS - but the one we bought the other day at IKE & JANE really takes the cake. While we were out and about running errands and buying equipment for various home improvement projects, Missy and I decided to get everyone donuts at our local bakery. I ended up getting this donut for Missy's dad that had slices of BANANA as a topping. His latest "health food obsession" is with bananas, so I thought it would be funny if I got him a donut with bananas on it. When I got it back home I realized that not only was it topped with banana slices, it was also topped with BACON. Turns out that the donut was some sort of ELVIS DONUT, topped with bananas, bacon, and a peanut butter icing. In the rush to get in and out of a crowded Ike & Jane, I mistook the bacon pieces for chunks of walnut. Easy mistake, right? Needless to say, the donut went uneaten. Whoops! Luckily, we had picked him up a chocolate-covered Bavarian cream donut as well...

HEATER 3216

HEATER 3220

Bonus donuts: a photo of a box of STRAWBERRY ICED DONUTS with SPRINKLES, bought at our local DUNKIN' DONUTS...and Missy posing with a crocheted version of the same donut that we bought from the amazing SWEET HONEY COMPLEX:

SPILLAGE 7833

ICE SUMMER 08 8003

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! And I love your pets and crafts. :D
Keep up the good work!

RANCHO COCOA said...

Heeeey! Thanks! You're LJ is super cute too! So much eye candy, it hurts!

Church of Craft Athens said...

oh my - I love your LJ too. Come live with us.