Saturday, March 15, 2008

Metropolis

FLICKER 4223

FLICKER 4129

Last night's show at the FLICKER THEATER & BAR was fun - more fun than I had expected, to tell you the truth. I really didn't think that there would be that many people there last night, considering it is the start of spring break. But lo and behold, a nice enough crowd came out to see Florida band OH FORTUNA, their costumes, and their brand of dancey pop music...

OH FORTUNA 136

OH FORTUNA 4132

Flicker had the movie METROPOLIS playing on the screen above the stage, which made for some funny juxtapositions. Since the movie was a silent one, it was easy to follow the story...and the bands provided the soundtrack...

JAY 4203

GEMINI CRICKET 4202

GEMINI CRICKET 4199

As usual, GEMINI CRICKET totally rocked it, even on the newer songs...

GEMINI CRICKET 4176

GEMINI CRICKET 4191

GEMINI CRICKET 4207

(I think Jay had an itch on his back)

FLICKER 4157

(Terri and Missy rocked it from the sidelines...the coach wouldn't let 'em play!)

JAY 4123

After the show, we all ended up at THE GRILL for some late night snacks...Jay might've had a happy fun "party in his tummy", but his milkshake was all frowny:

FROWNIE 4225

GEMINI CRICKET 4228

...by the time we got home it was nearly 3am...got up early today to run a buncha errands and now i'm feeling tired again. I ended up eating one of those leprechaun cupcakes a little while ago, but now I'm totally coming down off that sugar high. It's raining and there's tornado warnings...I'm here blogging and Missy is in the craft room sewing and listening to FEIST at the moment...in a couple of hours I'll post our inaugural "WEEKEND WIND-DOWN"...

-R A O U L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want that Party in my Tummy shirt!

Jeff Boller
Songs and Sonics
http://www.songsandsonics.com/

RANCHO COCOA said...

I know! Me too! That was a valentine's day present to Jay from his girlfriend Terri...I think they're kinda hard to find now. Maybe check the Kidrobot website...