Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lights Out

BLACKOUT 1250

Friday night at THE RANCH, we experienced an extended BLACK OUT that affected a large part of Athens' power grid. I guess everyone in town decided to switch on their air conditioning at the same time putting a strain on GEORGIA POWER...the demand exceeded the supply...at least, that's my take on it. Having been through the Enron-caused power shortages in Southern California in the earlier part of the decade, BROWNOUTS and ROLLING BLACKOUTS were something that I was very familiar with. Anyways, we decided to entertain ourselves by taking PHOTOS BY CANDLE LIGHT...

BLACKOUT 1259

BLACKOUT 1260

BLACKOUT 1262

BLACKOUT 1264

BLACKOUT 1265

BLACKOUT 1266

BLACKOUT 1269

BLACKOUT 1270

...then, we watched some PODCASTS that I had saved up in my iTunes on my laptop. We watched some episodes of "HOW TO COOK" and then an episode of "BORED TO DEATH"...ZACK GALIFIANAKIS makes everything better...

BLACKOUT 1274

BLACKOUT 1275

BLACKOUT 1279

BLACKOUT 1283

BLACKOUT 1289

No comments: