Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fractured Fairytales

Today we went to see the spring show, Fractured Fairytales, at Canopy Studio. It was really inspiring to see everyone perform with this theme. I love fairy tales, so this was a really exciting theme. If you have not been to a Canopy show, you are missing a true joy here in Athens!

Fractured Fairytales at Canopy Studio.
Here is my friend and classmate Annette! She is sooooooo good! She was Rumplestiltskin. My mom read us this when we were children. It was neat to see Annette perform her amazing silks aerials.

Fractured Fairytales at Canopy Studio.

Fractured Fairytales at Canopy Studio.
Oh, if only my pictures weren't so artistically motion blurry, you would know that this is my teacher Julie and Rabun aerial dancing to their take on Cinderella! How hard was it to stand with one very tall glass slipper on those bars, Julie?

Fractured Fairytales at Canopy Studio.

Fractured Fairytales at Canopy Studio.

Fractured Fairytales at Canopy Studio.
Here is my teacher Chris and my pal April! They were simply lovely on the lyra!

No comments: