Thursday, May 27, 2010

Feelin' Crafty

I was feeling crafty recently and made some pouches from some My Paper Crane fabric I ordered. I want to get better at making zippers, so I tried to sew little pouches. One can never have too many pouches.

My pouches from My Paper Crane fabric. 3
Here is the first try. As you can see, the zipper did not catch on the corner. My quick fix was to use embroidery floss and sew it up with a tiny red bow accent. Can you tell? I really love this glockenspiel fabric!

My pouches from My Paper Crane fabric. 5
Both pouches have a candy striped lining and I made sure to cut it on the bias. I thought it was a nice touch for the interior of the pouches.

My pouches from My Paper Crane fabric. 4
I added a cute little matryoshka felt pin of my creation! I thought it looked cute with this matryoshka pattern fabric.

Little pouch I sewed from My Paper Crane fabric with my little felt pin.
And here is the finished handmade goodie!

Little pouch I sewed from My Paper Crane fabric with glockenspiels!
And here is the other one!

No comments: