Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Raping Silence (Beans)

SLICK RICK 3807

So, in lieu of something truly interesting, I've decided to post my answers to a meme that's been going around FACEBOOK lately...well, it's probably been around for a while, but I was only just recently tagged to play along. I really don't have a lot of music on my iPod at the moment - mostly just podcasts of the "talk radio" variety and tv shows - so a lot of artists are repeated throughout my list. Anyways, I think some of the answers actually came out kinda funny...I posted a few pictures of some of the hip hop "CASSINGLES" I have in my vast tape collection. Funny to think that I could probably fit all the songs in my entire cassette collection onto my tiny little iPod if I really wanted to....

How it goes :
a. Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, iPod etc. on shuffle.
b. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
c. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS.
d. Tag friends.

The Questions :

1. If someone asks you, "Are you okay?" you say:
Hippie Priest Bum-Out (LCD Soundsystem)

2. How would you describe yourself?
Losing My Edge (LCD Soundsystem)

3. What do you like in a girl?
Bionic Rats (Lee Scratch Perry)

4. How do you feel today?
What Does Your Soul Look Like? (DJ Shadow)

5. What is your life's purpose?
Snare Hanger (Battles)

6. What's your motto?
Untitled (Prefuse 73)

7. What do your friends think of you ?
Beginners Falafel (Flying Lotus)

8. What do your parents think of you ?
Dawn Chorus (Boards Of Canada)

9. What do you think of often ?
Fat Controller (Squarepusher)

10. What is 2 + 2 ?
According To No Plan (Broadcast)

11. What do you think of your best friend ?
Xon (Beans)

12. What is your life story ?
It’s A Shame (Alton Ellis)

13. What do you want to be when you grow up ?
Alpha And Omega (Boards Of Canada)

14. What do you think when you see the person you like ?
Lights Out (Broadcast)

15. What will you dance to at your wedding ?
Dreamers (New Age Steppers)

16. What will they play at your funeral ?
King Tubby Meets The Rockers Uptown (Augustus Pablo)

17. What is your hobby/interest ?
Shaft (Cedric Brooks)

18. What is your biggest fear ?
Unexpected Delight (Flying Lotus)

19. What is your biggest secret ?
Dread Dub (Lloyd’s All-Stars)

20. What do you want right now ?
Living Life (Prefuse 73)

21. What do you think of your friends ?
Thrills (LCD Soundsystem)

22. When you want to rush to the toilet, what do you think ?
Ye Olde Beatbox (Jean Jacques Perry & Luke Vibert)

23. The person you hate the most is in front of you, what will you tell the person ?
A Is To B As B Is To C (Boards Of Canada)

24. You have just won a lottery. What will you sing ?
So Sad (Vincent Gallo)

25. What will you post this as?
Raping Silence (Beans)

SNOOP 3806

NAUGHTY BY NATURE 3811

1 comment:

April Moore Skelton said...

this made me laugh so hard!