Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fool's Gold

TULIP 5095

When we got home today we were greeted by this firey neon yellow tulip that opened up in our flower bed...

TULIP 5096

Missy is particularly stoked today because she got her TRAVEL KITTY in the mail:

TRAVEL KITTY 5121

The Travel Kitty is part of an on-going art project...the idea is to take your Travel Kitty with you on your adventures and take photos of your kitty at all the strange and fascinating places you visit. There's a website where everyone who owns a Travel Kitty can share their stories and photos. There's even a map that shows where all the Travel Kitties have ventured to...so far, there are 72 people participating in the project (Missy being the brand newest member as I type this)...

TRAVEL KITTY 5090

TRAVEL KITTY 5093
(Missy was thoughtful enough to buy her kitty a sleeping bag)

We noticed that no kitties have visited China yet, so we're excited to be the first ones to take a Travel Kitty there...this should help us make our work trip a little more interesting (not that going to China ISN'T interesting enough, but we still need our little distractions wherever and whenever we can get 'em!)...we'll also each keep a travel journal to occupy our down time (lots of time spent on planes, in cars travelling from factory to factory, etc.) I'm a little frustrated right now because I can't seem to find my big-ass travel diary...not that I was going to take the whole thing with me (it weighs like, a ton), but I did want to copy some pages out of it to fill out while abroad...wish me luck on finding it....

TRAVEL KITTY 5113

Check out the Travel Kitty Project HERE...Happy April Fool's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that tulip is gorgeous.
Dude, you gotta check out this week's tune in my blog. You're going to love it. I promise.