Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sketchbook Sunday


Guitar Kitty., originally uploaded by sugar-cookie.

It has been a while since I posted some of my artwork, so I think I will do that today. I found some images I drew for stickers and shirts. I think these are from about 1999 or so. The Guitar Kitty above is a shirt design I used to screen print myself on to shirts I got at the thrift store. I used to sell them at the zine fairs - I wonder if anyone remembers this from the ones in Bowling Green?

Singing with a striped shirt.
This is a character I made inspired by They Might Be Giants "Istanbul" artwork by J. Otto. I drew these in high school, but this particular one was on a sticker I made.

Broken record.
This drawing was also on a set of stickers I made. I used to put them in with my zine orders. I think I still might have some of these somewhere! I really like her pom pom hair and the look on her face.

Cassidy.
And here is a funny character I used to draw all the time. My friend David named him "Duct Tape Cassidy," but I call him Cassidy for short. David dreamed that I was drawing this and told him it was called Duct Tape Cassidy. No questions asked! So the name stuck and I really like it. I made this into a shirt design, too, just like the Guitar Kitty. I still have some of mine, too.

4 comments:

Dan Moynihan said...

Awesome! I had a pink t-shirt with the guitar kitty on it.

Church of Craft Athens said...

Thanks, Dan! That shows you how long that design has been around. Maybe I will revive it cos I still think it is cute.

Anonymous said...

Whomever this "Dave" person is, he is probably wonderful and handsome. You should name more characters after his dreams.

Church of Craft Athens said...

I totally agree!