Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Interview With My Mom


Mom and me., originally uploaded by sugar-cookie.

Here is a great photo of me and Mom when her and Dad came to Athens for a visit. I think this photo is from April 2005 or so. We are taking a stroll at Memorial Park. So, since I am in Athens, and my fam is in Pittsburgh, I decided what better way to celebrate Mother's Day than to interview my mom?

1. What is the best part about being a mom?
Being a mom is the best with the great children that I have. I feel
it is what I was put on earth to do and hopefully I did a decent job. I really feel the happiest when we are all together. The added
bonus is having Cristina and Raoul. They both are also a pleasure to
be around and that goes to show their parents did a good job.

2. What is the worst part about being a mom?
I wish I could fix everyone's problems and I know I can't. It causes me great pain to see them having difficult times and I just want to help and maybe make their life a little better.

3. What is the best Mother's Day gift?
Just to spend the day with everyone and if not in person at least talking to them on the phone.

4. Do you remember when Joey made you a miniature Mother's Day card that said "E.L. You" like E.L. Fudge cookies and you put it in your printer's box?
I don't remember E.L. Fudge that Joe made me but I might still have it in a shoe box somewhere where I have all my printer's box items. Someday I'll look for it.

5. Do you remember E.L. Fudge cookies? What does the E.L. stand for?
I also don't know what the E L stands for. Maybe you can find out and let me know.
(E.L. stands for "Everybody Loves," ask Joey.)

6. Did you always know you were going to be a mom?
I never thought I'd even get married being shy and was never really boy crazy like a lot of other girls. It's hard to remember back that far and what was even in my head (if anything). I always like to draw and sew and thought more about other things.

7. Will Dad remember your anniversary this year? (you don't have to answer this if you don't want to)
I think he might remember this year but I plan on forgetting. What do you think about that?
(Shocking!)

8. Do you have plans for Mother's Day?
We are going to Greg's and Cristina"s for the day. I missed you more today and it is good to hear your voice.

I love you.

Your favorite,
Mom

Mom and Harry.
Thanks for the nice interview, Mom. I will have to get you some E.L. Fudge cookies now. Thank you so much and you know you are my favorite mom!

1 comment:

julie. said...

aw! What a nice mom! Great interview --
:D