Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sixteen Things

Sixteen Things Tag

Jamie tagged me, so here is my Sixteen Things you may or may not have known about me...

1. I am short - 4'10" and I look like a small child.

2. If you asked me as a child "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I would have said "Woodstock."

3. I learned to draw from Ed Emberly's books.

4. I used to do a zine called Pocket from the ages of 15-24. I love self publishing, zines, and comics. I still do. In fact, some of my zines have been in print for over 10 years.

5. I have met Jim Davis and visited his studio in Muncie, Indiana.

6. At one time in my life I had over 50 pen pals.

7. I have been taking trapeze classes since 2004. I did about 3 years of trapeze on the bar and some circus bar, too. I have been taking fabrics (silks aerials) since 2005. I still get afraid of heights though!!

8. I love collecting things and at different times of my life I have collected the following: snowmen, watches, matchbooks, sock monkeys, and elves.

9. I have a cat called Nilla.

10. One of my favorite birds is the puffin.

11. I ate eel once.

12. I have been to the following: Canada, Germany, France, and China.

13. I have two brothers, Greg and Joe. I am in the middle.

14. I never had a cavity.

15. At one time I owned over 40 pairs of pants.

16. I have a pretty good collection of vintage polyester shirts. They are all funny patterns. My fav is of clowns in the Alps.

3 comments:

Glue and Glitter said...

It delights me to no end that Jim Davis is a Muncie guy!

Anonymous said...

Excellent shot!!! Missy looks like a gravure idol!!!

Church of Craft Athens said...

His studio is in a corn field. Really! He is as nice as can be, and I got to eat in their cafeteria!

Glad you like the pic, Anon - I think I am sleepy in it! haha.