Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Making a Shelf for the Kitchen

Dad helping me make my shelf.
My parents were here visiting over the long holiday weekend, so that means we had to put them to work. They helped us install this new shelf in our kitchen right above the stove. Dad is the tallest, so he was best for reaching the wall to drill in the holes for the brackets.

My brackets from Anthro.
I chose the Pumpkin Vine brackets from ANTHROPOLOGIE. I had my eye on these for a while. I think the green color looks great with our "aloe vera" green color in the kitchen.

New shelf!

Here is the kitchen shelf we made -
I did a light wash of the same creamy white paint we used through the house for the trim. We added little hooks for tea cups, so we hung some of our favorite vintage ones that Mom gave to us. I think it looks great!

2 comments:

julie. said...

wow, looks very nice! Great cups too!
I always put my family to work when they visit. In fact, my dad gets sad if I don't have a few house projects lined up.

RANCHO COCOA said...

That's the same with Missy's parents! They love home improvement projects. Luckily for them, there's still a lot of improvement to be made to our house, haha!