Friday, July 4, 2008

4th Of July

GetAttachment.aspx
(my dad, who's back in California, emailed me a picture of the FOURTH OF JULY cake that my mom made today!)

FOURTH 8675
(the "fireworks" setting on my camera is worth crap!)

Happy Fourth of July, to those of you who celebrate!

Missy's parents rolled into town today, after driving down from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. They left on the 3rd and then stopped somewhere in North Carolina last night, before continuing their journey here. After spending the afternoon eating and playing with the Wii, we walked over to nearby BISHOP PARK to watch the local fireworks show. When we got to the park, there was already a ton of people camped out on blankets and sheets, despite the fact that it had rained only a couple of hours beforehand, and the grass was still a little damp...

FOURTH 8655

I don't know how or why, but we managed not to bring any chairs or even a blanket or sheet for us to sit on:

FOURTH 8659

FOURTH 8661

Missy prepped her camera for the fireworks display...hopefully, her photos came out better than mine:

FOURTH 8665

Since my photos of fireworks weren't turning out very well - even though I have a setting on my camera specifically for FIREWORKS - I decided to capture some of the action on video instead:



...and now, for your enjoyment, GALAXIE 500's video for "FOURTH OF JULY"...yay!

No comments: