Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Making a Cup Glove

Glue and Glitter's Cup Glove Kit 1
Last night I made a Cup Glove for my travel cup. I used a kit I got form our friend Becky who does a crafty website called Glue and Glitter. I love to tote some tea along every morning to work and needed some extra protection so not to burn my hands on my hot cup!

Glue and Glitter's Cup Glove Kit 2
I chose a kit that had cute bird houses as the pattern and a soft yellow gingham. I love these patterns together!

Glue and Glitter's Cup Glove Kit 4
I followed the directions and ironed my pieces of fabric to the lining...

Glue and Glitter's Cup Glove Kit 5
Pinned and sewed all the pieces together, turned to, and top stitched.

Glue and Glitter's Cup Glove Kit 7
Instead of machine sewing it closed I added a little button and hand stitched it to fit my Keep Cup perfectly. And here is my finished Cup Glove! Yay! No more burnt fingers!

No comments: