Thursday, February 12, 2009

How I Spent My Weekend: Canopy's Love Show

Nathan's fabrics performance.
Last weekend I was lucky enough to be a part of Canopy Studio's Love performance! We ran the show three times last weekend, and it was really amazing! Everyone was sooo good and amazing to watch. The above photo is my classmate - Nathan. He is doing a split, and those always get applause!

Kid's routine.
I believe there were about 16 acts total with the kids classes performing on Friday and Saturday. They were so good! The theme was love, so the children are wearing hearts on their shirts.

Love at Canopy Studio.
Some of the teens wore wigs as their costumes. The funniest thing was when one wig popped right off during our dress rehearsal!

Love at Canopy Studio.

Love at Canopy Studio.
Here I am during Sunday's show! My piece had exciting moves such as the spice drop, glissade, single foot twisty, and the candy cane! I was really happy with my piece. I love making the choreography with the tricks and music. I am not a dancer, by any means, but I think I did pretty good considering. Sometimes I worry that I look like a little fish flopping all over up there!

Love at Canopy Studio.
Here is Kathy and Ellen performing together. I really liked their piece and I love seeing a trapeze duo. It is always inspiring!

Love at Canopy Studio.

Love at Canopy Studio.
Equally as inspiring are some of the other aerial objects (apparatus?) used at Canopy. There were a couple lyra acts (see above), ladders, slings, cube, and tetra. Everyone was fabulous!!

My other favorite part about performing in the Canopy shows is the final bow - all the performers prance back on to the stage, clapping and excited from the show. It is just how I imagine models feel after their catwalk - and it is like Susan Murphy is our Betsey Johnson and we are all clapping for her and us!

No comments: