Sunday, April 21, 2013

Record Store Day Haul

RECORD 0414

Yesterday was RECORD STORE DAY and so we hit up our favorite local record shop, LOW YO YO, who now shares retail space with the awesomely-named GET RAD skateboard shop. While Missy hunted for used Neko Case cds and other treasures she didn't already have in her extensive record collection, I focused on vintage seven-inch and twelve-inch vinyl singles that would feed my 80s music fetish. Of course, Low Yo Yo was able to deliver in spades...and for cheap, too!

RECORD 0413

RECORD 0415

Here are a few items from my haul yesterday...my taste in 80s music leans heavily towards dancey SYNTH POP, and so I was especially happy to find these two gems for only a dollar each (I also liked the similar silhouette designs on the sleeves):

RECORD 0417

RECORD 0421

More synth pop, with a window into 80s fashion and style. That Animotion single is soooooo 80s it hurts:

RECORD 0420

RECORD 0454

Got some TV and movie tunes on 7":

RECORD 0424

RECORD 0432

I was utterly stoked to the max to find these two FAT BOYS singles. I love that the "Twist" single says, "With stupid def vocals by Chubby Checker"...and I love that the "Wipeout!" single has floating heads of the Beach Boys on the beach ball:

RECORD 0442

RECORD 0439

Gotta have some LISA LISA:

RECORD 0437

Lastly, I just HAD TO get this original CARPENTERS single, even though it meant dipping into the 70s for a moment. How could I pass it up for just a couple of bucks? Plus, that rainbow sleeve looks super cool...

RECORD 0450



1 comment:

Julie said...

aaaamazing scores!!!! ONJ, alphaville, howard jones, the carpenters?!! ***wow***