Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sketchbook Sunday - From Memory

Do you ever try and draw from your memory? I like to do this all the time. I tested myself to see how good I could remember how to draw some of my favorite cartoon characters. Can you guess who some of these are?

Garfield.
Here is one of my favorite characters - I love Garfield! I used to read Garfield each week in the Sunday paper, and I had many of those chunky books filled with comics. I loved to see the evolution of Garfield; remember when Garfield was drawn with very small eyes or when he was drawn with very round eyes? Remember when Garfield flicked Odie's nose off and it looked like a jellybean? Or the time Garfield was sleeping? Or when he hated Mondays? Or when he ate all the lasagna?

Gumby and Pokey from memory.
Here is my version of Gumby and Pokey. What can I say? Who does not love Gumby and Pokey?

Snoopy and Woodstock from memory.
I also love Snoopy and Woodstock. I love them so much I had a toy Snoopy and Woodstock when I was little. They went everywhere with me, and if you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up when I was little, I would say "Woodstock."

Ren and Stimpy
Last is my drawing of Ren and Stimpy! My brothers and I watched Ren and Stimpy like crazy. We watched it so much we would quote it. My parents even watched and quoted it, too!

No comments: